Lemon-Dill Salmon Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium heat. Spread butter in the center of each of four pieces of a double thickness of foil (about 12 in. square). Place one salmon fillet in the center of each; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion, garlic, dill, basil and lemon. Fold foil around fillets; seal.
- Place packets on a grill grate over a campfire or grill. Cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes. Open carefully to allow steam to escape.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 305 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jun 23, 2016
I love salmon and this is a convenient way to prepare it. The only change I made was I used one Tbs. chopped Lemon Oregano from my garden instead of basil. The salmon was moist and flavorful, highly recommended.
Jun 1, 2016
I don't have a grill, so I'd baked the salmon fillets in my oven up to 1/2 hour at 350o F. in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish. I'd used 1 tsp. dill weed & had omitted the basil. This IS a good salmon recipe and the first time I'd used salmon fillets. I'd used frozen fillets and defrosted the fillets in my microwave by weight. delowenstein
May 25, 2016
So delicious! I was so happy to get my TOH magazine and be reminded that I could cook salmon in foil on my grill. I did not use the butter, but sprayed the foil instead with non-stick cooking spray. I put green beans underneath the salmon (so the bottom of the salmon wouldn't burn) and the crunchy green beans were good too. I appreciated the no clean-up factor too! I'll remember this one!!