Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked salmon with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 418 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 3, 2019
Gotta say...We eat a lot of Salmon both at home and in restaurants. So, we critique in the extreme. In addition, I am always in search of a stellar dill sauce. So here it is; the salmon is exceptional and the dill sauce is just exactly the way i like it.
Apr 21, 2019
The salmon was ecellent the sauce tho was devine
Jan 16, 2019
How many servings does this make?
May 28, 2018
Good salmon recipe!
Mar 9, 2018
Salmon was good. Really did not need to broil as the salmon was done in the 20 minutes of initial baking. We enjoyed the sauce but even 1/2 the recipe was too much. Next time I would cut to 1/4.
Feb 15, 2018
Great recipe! My husband and I made this for valentines day dinner, it went absolutely beautifully. We added the dill sauce prior to broil... it really added a wonderful touch
Jan 31, 2018
Loved this dill sauce!!! Very easy too!!!
Jan 1, 2018
This was great! I didn’t have horseradish so I substituted fresh grated ginger. Next time I’ll remive the onion and lemon slices before broiling. They got charred, but the lemon protected the salmon from drying out after 10 minutes cooking time.
Dec 16, 2017
YUM!!! I cut the toppings for the salmon into 1/4 since we were only doing 1 small piece of salmon - worked out perfectly. Only need 1 lemon - half for the slices on top, the other half I juiced for the lemon juice in the sauce. I only cut the sauce in half because I wanted to make sure we got enough. I probably would have been fine cutting it in 1/4, but I don't mind the leftover! We both completely devoured this. The salmon was good on its own but the sauce made it DELICIOUS. Well definitely be making this again!!! (For the smaller piece of salmon I cooked it for 15 minutes, then under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes and it was just a tad overdone - will lower the time next time).Update: I made this again but used lime slices and lime juice. While it was still yummy, I think the lemon was definitely better. Still a great recipe and will use it again.
Dec 11, 2017
Very tasty fish, but i wanted to use fresh dill on the sauce so I used a different recipe.