Pan-Seared Salmon with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with Italian seasoning and salt. Place in skillet, skin side down. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cucumber and dill. Serve with salmon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 1/4 cup sauce: 366 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2018
This fish was very simple to make and delicious. The yogurt mixture made way too much for the quantity of salmon, but it was sooooo good. We kept ours and used it as a dip with some pork souvlaki I made later in the week because it resembles a tzatziki sauce. In fact, I'll probably use just the sauce recipe in the future for that purpose.
Jul 20, 2018
We enjoyed this dish along with some whole grain medley and fresh peas. Instead of using mayo and fresh dill, I used some dill pesto with the yogurt because I had some in the freezer. Saved on buying a bunch of fresh dill that I couldn't finish up. We had some leftover fish, and it made a terrific salmon salad the next day! This recipe is definitely on the keeper list!
Jul 17, 2018
Excellent ! Fast, tasty and so easy to make any number of servings. I will make this again. The sauce would be excellent with any fish. Janet. VFE
Jul 13, 2018
I often order salmon prepared similarly in a favorite restaurant and this recipe comes close to that. I used my garden cucumbers and was very pleased with the results. An easy and tasty dish! I will definitely be making this again!