Salmon Dill Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. In a small bowl, mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in cheese until melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add salmon; cook, uncovered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes. Stir in pepper and salt. Sprinkle with dill.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 398 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Sep 12, 2019
THIS MEAL IS EXCELLENT! I MADE IT FOR MY MASTER, JAFAR, AFTER WE GOT TRAPPED IN A GENIE LAMP BY ALADDIN AND HIS GENIE! THAT NIGHT HE ONLY SLIGHTLY RANTED ABOUT HOW I'M A USELESS PARROT!
Feb 7, 2019
My husband took one bite and said “When can we have this again?” Maybe we are married to the same man. ??