Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Tender sweet potatoes are tossed with crunchy nuts and chewy dried cherries for a burst of flavors and textures. —Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, cherries, parsley and potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, lime zest and salt. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
To Make Ahead: Roast the sweet potatoes the day before. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 211 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Fruit and Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.