Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Tender sweet potatoes are tossed with crunchy nuts and chewy dried cherries for a burst of flavors and textures. —Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, cherries, parsley and potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, lime zest and salt. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
To Make Ahead: Roast the sweet potatoes the day before. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 211 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Fruit and Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011