Pepperoni Pizza Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup mini sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, pepper and onion until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in pizza sauce and pepperoni; heat through.
- 3. Place potatoes on a baking sheet; cut an "X" in the top of each. Fluff pulp with a fork. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with oregano.
1 baked potato with toppings: 311 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Mar 29, 2019In the baked potatoes can not add mushrooms,green pepper,onion,garlic?
Mar 21, 2018
Husband usually does not like baked potatoes but he liked these. I subbed diced ham instead of pepperoni because I didn’t have any pepperoni. I got home late one evening and threw the potatoes in the IP. While the potatoes were steaming, I warmed up the pizza sauce. I did add mushrooms, green peppers , garlic and onions to the sauce. Quick meal.