Tangy Texas Salsa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/3 cup each)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red grapefruit
- 1 large navel orange
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients.
- Cut a thin slice off top and bottom of grapefruit and orange; stand upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane of fruit. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit; add to pepper mixture.
- Stir gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 28 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 29, 2019
Aquarelle and tiny brush, your internet must b on drugs. My recipe says cilantro.
Dec 1, 2008
My 2001 annual cookbook has this recipe, and it calls for cilantro, which would be much more authentic anyway.
Aug 14, 2008
The heading says, "spicy cilantro" but the recipe says "fresh minced oregano" Should it be cilantro in the recipe?