- 2 cups finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 free food.
Oct 28, 2019
Really good flavor. I used regular table salt rather than seasoned salt. I cut the cilantro to 1 T. If your family doesn't like cilantro it can easily be left out.
Aug 25, 2019
Made this for my girlfriends at the gym and everyone wanted the recipe. So much flavor. for those who said it was bland you need the cilantro and all the other ingredients. It has tons of flavor and tasted like a salsa to me. instead of a jalapeno though i added a less of a spicy pepper from my garden. Also the tomatoes cucumbers and parseley were fresh from the garden too. Making another batch today yummy.
Apr 22, 2019
Dec 15, 2018
Boring, made exactly as stated minus cilantro-don't like, very bland. Going to add some dill to see if that helps, won't make again.
May 14, 2018
Delicious, fresh and light. Perfect for a warm night when you need to bring or serve an appetizer. It was a lot of work to chop all the ingredients.
Feb 27, 2018
This was great! Enjoyed it so much as a dip for chips, had the leftover salsa all by itself for lunch the next day.
Sep 7, 2017
Amazing! I added fresh dill in place of Cilantro. This recipe is a keeper!!
Aug 2, 2016
Our family enjoyed this. Although it is not as exciting as traditional salsa, we think it is a great way to use part of our cucumber excess. I did not have any tomato or cilantro and will make this again when I have all the ingredients! ??
May 31, 2016
I thought it was okay but probably will not make it again. It needs more pizazz!
May 30, 2016
Delicious. I also added chopped black olives. I think it would be great on top of grilled chicken or grilled fish... especially salmon.