Pineapple Mango Salsa
My husband and I make this recipe a lot when we eat outdoors, but it’s a great flavor burst to liven up the winter, too. It makes an interesting topper for chicken tacos or other poultry entrees.——Jeanne Wiestling, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a serving bowl, combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, vinegar, cilantro, ginger, pepper flakes and salt if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Stir before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 17 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Mango Salsa in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.