Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, onion and jalapenos. Stir in the lime juice, oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with cooked poultry or pork or as a dip for tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 each: 38 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Jun 29, 2011
served this at a family get-to-gether and bowl was empty before I could finish putting the dish together.Not only where the chips used but some used crackers as well as celery stalks.This really a all purpose salsa and eassy to put together!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.