Salsa Corn Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; stir into cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a large greased cast-iron skillet or hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2014
I've made a lot of corn cakes in my life time but these are the first that I really enjoyed a lot. They are light and creamy. I would make a double batch as they go fast!
Mar 23, 2013
Quick, Easy and mouth watering goodness. You will crave these!