Kansas City Barbecue Sauce
This tangy Kansas City BBQ sauce is lip-smacking good. It's thick, and a little sweet with a touch of heat. If you like it spicy, add a little more hot sauce or chili powder. —Sherry Pitzer, Troy, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Cook time: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.