Pork with Peach Picante Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- In a large bowl, toss ribs with taco seasoning. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and barbecue sauce. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add peaches; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until peaches are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 315 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
May 13, 2017
It was a big hit with the men in the family from 6 yrs to 92 yrs. I did not have peach jam, so used a marmelade. It was very nice. I let the sauce thicken a bit. Leftovers would make a good pulled pork sandwich with the extras and sauce
Sep 14, 2015
I am happy to be the First one doing a review on this recipe. Made up a 1/2 batch and both hubby and I declare it a winner. I have a temperamental crockpot so cooked mine stove top on a very low simmer . Covered for about 45 minutes. I also included the fresh peaches. And after they were done I used a potato masher to just give them a light mash. Its fruity and its sassy and it will be the Ribs best friend. 1/2 of this recipe yielded 1 full cup.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.