Pork with Peach Picante Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- In a large bowl, toss ribs with taco seasoning. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and barbecue sauce. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add peaches; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until peaches are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 315 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2017
It was a big hit with the men in the family from 6 yrs to 92 yrs. I did not have peach jam, so used a marmelade. It was very nice. I let the sauce thicken a bit. Leftovers would make a good pulled pork sandwich with the extras and sauce
Sep 14, 2015
I am happy to be the First one doing a review on this recipe. Made up a 1/2 batch and both hubby and I declare it a winner. I have a temperamental crockpot so cooked mine stove top on a very low simmer . Covered for about 45 minutes. I also included the fresh peaches. And after they were done I used a potato masher to just give them a light mash. Its fruity and its sassy and it will be the Ribs best friend. 1/2 of this recipe yielded 1 full cup.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor