Chipotle-Honey Grilled T-Bones
If you like to kick things up on the grill, this is the steak for you. My husband even makes this in a Dutch oven, and the meat just sizzles. —Donna Goutermont, Sequim, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (12 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a shallow dish. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Serve with remaining marinade.