Grilled T-Bone Steaks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1-inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Jul 17, 2016
Ah, the joys of cooking on the grill in summer...! I made this recipe with the omission of the brown sugar. DH patted them dry with paper towels, cooked them to just medium rare, and let them sit covered with foil for 10 minutes for the juices to redistribute. I saved the bones for bone broth, too!!! Will definitely make this again.
Dec 30, 2013
This was really good. We have already used this recipe a few times and everyone loves it when they come over to eat.