Honey Dijon Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into squares
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place in a heavy ovenproof skillet. In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth; whisk in the honey, mustard, basil and remaining orange juice. Pour over chops. Place carrots and onion around chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Add peppers; cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 586 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 13, 2016
I made this tonight because I wanted to try out my new Cooking For Two magazine, of course I doubled it being a family of three. We loved it.A few minor changes for our Taste, I cooked it all together instead of leaving the peppers out until the last 15 min and added a bit of ginger powder. I also added a very small chopped zucchini and a touch of garlic. Very nice, something new and not too heavy. Thanks!!
Mar 23, 2011
This was VERY good! My husband loved it, and said "keep this recipe!" I would cut the baking time down by 7-10 minutes. They were just slightly dry for my taste, but overall it was fabulous! Served over rice, the sauce was excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.