Pressure Cooker Hoisin Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Sesame seeds
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, whisk together wine, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is reduced slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine next seven ingredients. Add beef and pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. meatballs; place in cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, about 8 minutes, gently stirring halfway through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 78 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 29, 2019
These were bland as can be, I will, make again but I will add at least teaspoon of grated ginger. I will also,crank up the garlic. They were also dry so I will also,try adding hoisin in with the meat and maybe some panko. Because I think the liquid with out a binder won’t work.