Pressure Cooker Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip
My tangy, smoky dip won the top prize at our office party recipe contest. Use whatever beer you like, but steer clear of dark varieties. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Soft pretzel bites
- In a greased 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beer; add bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for medium heat. Stir in cheese and heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with onion and reserved bacon. Serve with pretzel bun bites.
Test Kitchen tips
Feb 3, 2018
Can you confirm how many people were at the office party? Interested in this dip, but want to verify the accolades
Jan 2, 2018
This recipe was delicious and easy to make.