Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pita bread wedges, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan. Add artichoke hearts and garlic to drippings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Fold in artichoke mixture and half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without pita wedges): 141 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2015
I made this for our office "12 pounds" of Christmas and everyone loved it! I ran out of plain cream cheese so had to substitute chive & onion cream cheese but it worked out great! I also didn't bake it but instead mixed in the Parmesan cheese and put it into a mini crock pot to keep warm at the office. Great Dip! VTOHFE
Oct 24, 2015
Made this this evening. Fantastic. I used full fat sour cream as I'm on a low carb diet and this hit the nail on the head for that. Didn't use chips, pita bread or vegetable stick, just ate it with a fork! It's that good, but will serve it with something else for guests. This is a keeper.
Oct 16, 2015
Very good, and easy to make too. It was the hit of a party I took it to, everyone thought that it was really great tasting dip with crackers.
Oct 5, 2014
We enjoyed this for football day!! Delish :) Served with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Sep 1, 2014
I didn't have onion salt, so i used celery salt. it is great with carrots and chips.I'll make this again!
Aug 29, 2014
Deleted the salt and chose to toast Naan bread rounds was great recipe!!!!