Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pita bread wedges, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan. Add artichoke hearts and garlic to drippings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Fold in artichoke mixture and half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without pita wedges): 141 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 24, 2015
I made this for our office "12 pounds" of Christmas and everyone loved it! I ran out of plain cream cheese so had to substitute chive & onion cream cheese but it worked out great! I also didn't bake it but instead mixed in the Parmesan cheese and put it into a mini crock pot to keep warm at the office. Great Dip! VTOHFE
Oct 24, 2015
Made this this evening. Fantastic. I used full fat sour cream as I'm on a low carb diet and this hit the nail on the head for that. Didn't use chips, pita bread or vegetable stick, just ate it with a fork! It's that good, but will serve it with something else for guests. This is a keeper.
Oct 16, 2015
Very good, and easy to make too. It was the hit of a party I took it to, everyone thought that it was really great tasting dip with crackers.
Oct 5, 2014
We enjoyed this for football day!! Delish :) Served with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Sep 1, 2014
I didn't have onion salt, so i used celery salt. it is great with carrots and chips.I'll make this again!
Aug 29, 2014
Deleted the salt and chose to toast Naan bread rounds was great recipe!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.