Lemony Fruit Dip
As a way to encourage my kids to eat more fruit, I prepare this fluffy dip several times a month. Partygoers also appreciate a more nutritious snack option. —Sonja Whitchurch, St. Thomas, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until blended. Stir in whipped topping and, if desired, food coloring. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with fruit.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the dip up to 3 days ahead. Cut fruit and arrange on serving trays the day of the party. Refrigerate both until guests arrive.