Tomato-Bacon Dip with Focaccia
For a spread with BLT flavor, mix mayo and sour cream, then add bacon and tomato. We use it as a dip and zesty sandwich spread. —Marsha Postar, Lubbock, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- Crumbled cooked bacon and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Focaccia bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in bacon, tomato and onion. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- If desired, sprinkle with bacon and parsley; serve with focaccia.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip (calculated without optional ingredients and focaccia): 211 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as BLT Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.