Garlic Artichoke Dip
This chilled dip is simply delicious, lower in fat and offers make-ahead convenience. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or baked pita chips
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, oregano and thyme in oil until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, artichokes, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and onion mixture; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with vegetables and/or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 81 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Mediterranean Artichoke-Garlic Dip in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.