Pressure-Cooker Chicken and Bacon White Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cubed avocado and sliced jalapeno, optional
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, 5-6 minutes; remove bacon and reserve. Brown chicken in bacon drippings until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Return bacon to pan; top with corn and next 11 ingredients in the order listed.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in shredded cheese until melted. If desired, serve with avocado and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 387 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1033mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 9, 2020
This was so easy. After cooking in the pressure cooker, the thighs just fell apart. no need to cut/shred.
Feb 7, 2020
Easy to throw together but plan on 45 minutes to an hour for it to be ready to put on the table. I can't give it 5 stars because it was missing a little something, maybe salt? It was very hearty and made a ton so I'll have lunches for a week for sure. Thanks for sharing this! Definitely putting it in the regular rotation!