Pressure Cooker Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Tender chicken and shrimp make a flavorful combination that's easy to prepare, yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. While I clean the house, it practically cooks itself. I serve it over hot cooked rice with crusty bread and a green salad. —Diana Knight Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over chicken pieces. Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat oil; working in batches, brown chicken on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine next five ingredients; pour over chicken. Dot with butter. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Stir in shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 606 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 330mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 61g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken and Shrimp in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.