Pressure Cooker Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Tender chicken and shrimp make a flavorful combination that's easy to prepare, yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. While I clean the house, it practically cooks itself. I serve it over hot cooked rice with crusty bread and a green salad. —Diana Knight Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the chicken pieces. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat. When oil is hot, working in batches, brown chicken on all sides.
- In a bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients; pour over the chicken pieces. Dot with butter. Lock lid and adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. (A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.)
- Select saute setting; adjust for medium heat. Stir in shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles, if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 606 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 330mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 61g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken and Shrimp in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow