Pressure-Cooker Chicken and Bacon White Chili
I made a twist on my favorite white chicken chili and used my pressure cooker, which made it very quick and easy. I like to serve it with avocado, cilantro and onions. —Teri Lee Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cubed avocado and sliced jalapeno, optional
- 1. Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, 5-6 minutes; remove bacon and reserve. Brown chicken in bacon drippings until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Return bacon to pan; top with corn and next 11 ingredients in the order listed.
- 2. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in shredded cheese until melted. If desired, serve with avocado and jalapeno.
1 cup: 387 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1033mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC