Pressure-Cooker Mexican Stuffed Peppers
These pressure-cooker stuffed peppers get a southwestern twist! The filling also makes a delicious meat loaf that we like cold as a sandwich with cheddar cheese, mayo and salsa. —Traci Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 medium sweet red, orange and/or yellow peppers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded and finely chopped red chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 3- or 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a small bowl, combine egg, chips, salsa, onion, cilantro, cumin, chili pepper and garlic. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; spoon into peppers. Set peppers on trivet.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 12 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Sprinkle peppers with cheese. Serve with sour cream and, if desired, additional salsa.