Pressure-Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Here's a good-for-you dinner that's also a meal-in-one classic. Add a salad and, in just moments, call everyone to the table. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker.
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Set peppers on trivet.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 333 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Southwestern Stuffed Peppers in Skinny Instant Pot