Slow Cooker Sweet Sour Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 16 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place meatballs in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over meatballs. Add green pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 hours or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts8 each: 794 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 7, 2014
Comment & Question: This sounds good but I don't have a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Can I fix this in the oven or on the stovetop?
Oct 13, 2012
I was looking for an easy slow cooker recipe that would be ready for lunch after a busy morning running erands. This was perfect as I had all of the ingr. on hand. I used mircowave 90 second rice and it was wonderful