Sweet ‘n’ Sour Appetizer Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, combine the apricot nectar, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and horseradish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Sep 10, 2013
I and my friends/family LOVE the sauce this makes! For quicker results, we have used frozen meatballs. Just make the sauce and pour over frozen meatballs in a crockpot. I will make this again and again! GREAT for tailgating!
Dec 12, 2010
DISLIKE! the cider taste in the sauce is all wrong. do not recommend. there are way better recipes for sweet n sour meatballs on this website.