Slow-Cooked Meatball Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
Makes10 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional water
- 3/4 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place first 11 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high until pasta is tender, 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf; stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 288 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1173mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
This recipe is delicious. I halved the recipe except for the spices. I also omitted the spinach since I did not have any. It cooked in the slow cooker and was ready in 5 hours. We will be having this recipe again. Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 17, 2020
made it today, it was great! would make again.
Jan 13, 2020
What's the conversion to use a instant pot pressure cooker? I'm so spoiled. I don't use my crock pot anymore
Jul 19, 2017
I just made this and I have to say YUM!!! This is my first time making it and I know I will be making it again! Thanks for this great recipe!!!