Slow-Cooked Meatball Soup
As a mother, I try to sneak as many veggies into my daughter's diet as I can. This savory soup with meatballs and pasta does the trick. Best of all, the whole family loves it! —Kymm Wills, Phoenix, AZ
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
Makes10 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional water
- 3/4 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place first 11 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high until pasta is tender, 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf; stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with cheese.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Johnsonville Classic Italian Style Meatballs.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 288 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1173mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Meatball Soup in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.