Easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle or Swedish meatballs, thawed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs, green pepper and juice mixture until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cold water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple to the pan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 330 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2018
This was delicious and I was tickled that it was so quick to make as I have to cook dinner after work. It was ready in less than an hour. The only adjustment I made was I used red bell pepper because we don't like the strong taste of green bell peppers.
Oct 2, 2018
My family loved this recipe while I loved the speed to the table. I will definitely make this again.
Jun 13, 2011
This was super easy and excellent tasting. My husband loved it.