Easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle or Swedish meatballs, thawed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs, green pepper and juice mixture until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cold water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple to the pan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 330 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 29, 2020
Has quickly become a regular at our house, my husband and I both love it. So quick and easy to make. Thank you
Aug 12, 2019
This recipe is very good and it is indeed "easy" to make. I will make it again. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Oct 13, 2018
This was delicious and I was tickled that it was so quick to make as I have to cook dinner after work. It was ready in less than an hour. The only adjustment I made was I used red bell pepper because we don't like the strong taste of green bell peppers.
Oct 2, 2018
My family loved this recipe while I loved the speed to the table. I will definitely make this again.
Jun 13, 2011
This was super easy and excellent tasting. My husband loved it.