Quick and Easy Swedish Meatballs
Rich and creamy, this classic meatball sauce is a must in your recipe box. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen fully cooked Angus beef meatballs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, optional
- Prepare meatballs according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream and dill; simmer for 1 minute. Stir in meatballs; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Not sure which brand of frozen meatballs to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 115 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Swedish Meatballs in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.