Berry Bliss Cobbler
A little bit sweet, a little bit tart and topped off with golden, sugar-kissed biscuits, this cobbler is summer perfection. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with 2/3 cup sugar and tapioca. Transfer to a greased 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto fruit. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 335 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Jumbleberry Crumble in Cobblers & More Bookazine 2017