Apple Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over peach mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 341 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 19, 2011
Filling was very runny. Topping too thick
Sep 27, 2011
Peach filling was very runny, needed a thickener. Topping was pretty tasteless and a bit doughy. Disappointing.
Aug 3, 2011
My sister gave me peaches from her tree and I had guest over and needed a quick dessert. This was a hit! Being in a hurry I choose not to peel the peaches and served with a chocolate chip ice cream as this is all I had in the freezer. They all loved it and even complimented the the chocolate chip ice cream as a great twist. I will certainly make this again and it makes enough for me to serve 8.
Oct 25, 2010
My favorite cobbler recipe. works equally well with drained, canned peaches. the sause is YUMO. Aliena H.
Jul 15, 2010
When I made this the topping ended up too thick and it didn't cook all the way through. Next time I'll spread it a bit thinner on top so that it will get done.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.