Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- Arrange apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and egg substitute; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and beat until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over the apples and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 352 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2012
I tweaked this recipe to be gluten-free and it was delicious...I have to admit, I never tried the real thing, but I can imagine! The gluten-free version is at: http://palligator.blogspot.com/2012/02/cake-topped-apple-cobbler-gluten-free.html