Winter Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- Drain pineapple and set juice and pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Fold in fruit, nuts, coconut and reserved pineapple. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 207 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 25, 2016
It's good and I will definitely make it again. The directions for preparing the pudding mix confused me and I made the pudding with the milk and then realized I should have just used the pineapple juice. I mixed the pineapple juice into about half of the pudding and used it that way. Worked find and everyone seemed to like it.
Nov 23, 2012
Jun 15, 2011
i have been looking for this recipe for along time, i lost awhile back!! this is a simple and delicious recipe.
Dec 2, 2010
This is a wonderful salad, I have passed the recipe on to many people.