Perfect Winter Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, mix first five ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- To serve, place remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 235 calories, 18g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 1, 2010
Sorry, to clarify my previous comment; I used 1/4c. olive oil and 1/4 c. canola oil to make up the 1/2 c of oil.
Feb 25, 2010
This recipe is definitely a keeper. I made it for our small group that meets weekly but monthly for a meal. I toasted the pecans and Smart Balance mayo. It was a wonderful mix of apple/maple/pecan flavors. Delicious. I made a 2nd batch up for us at home and used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola for the oil. Still delicious. Can't wait to try it over salmon or chicken salad. The men raved about it. I'm never embarrassed to take T of H recipes; I can always count on them to make me "look good". :)
Feb 11, 2010
I also added a few strawberries. Yum! good with salmon
Jan 17, 2010
Excellent and easy.
Jan 17, 2010
Dec 3, 2009
This was a great, quick salad to make. Very full of flavor. I also added chicken for a little substance.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.