Summer-Fresh Quinoa Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine water and tomatoes; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to quinoa. Stir in the cucumber, peppers, onions, cheese and 1/4 cup salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in remaining salad dressing.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 26, 2014
Made this for fathers day along with steak and spinach pinwheels was a huge hit!!
Sep 22, 2013
I don't care for bell peppers but absolutely love this stuff!!!!
Aug 30, 2011
Easy and makes a super healthy lunch all by itself. I make this all the time.
Sep 12, 2010
This was great for a change of pace from the regular "green" salad. Really enjoyed it. I halfed the recipe because I wasn't sure I'd be able to eat if all before it might go bad...this will be something I make the full portion of for a work luncheon type thing.
Aug 29, 2009
My husband loves this quinoa salad! I tried it the first time and it was a hit! Since then I've made it for all sorts of gatherings and everyone loves it. Five stars!!
Jul 16, 2009
This is excellent and gets better the longer the quinoa soaks in the surrounding flavors.
May 27, 2009
This was good. I served it to friends who never had quinoa and they liked it!! The crumbled cheese really makes a nice subtle flavor to the dish.