Frozen Christmas Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 25, 2013
I made this last night and I have second thoughts about serving it for Christmas dinner. I researched too late but found this recipe on Cooks.com and it called for 1 Tbs of mayonnaise not 1/2 cup. I'm afraid this salad is ruined. Taste of Home should double check their recipes before printing them in their cookbooks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.