Frozen Christmas Salad
My mom’s use of red and green cherries to decorate dishes at Christmastime inspired me to create my holiday-themed molded salad. It’s cool, creamy and fun to serve guests.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Christmas Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013