Frozen Cranberry Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Miracle Whip and sugar. Fold in the whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, nuts, coconut and cranberry sauce. Add cranberries if desired. Gently combine with cream cheese mixture. Spread into a 13x9-in. dish or three foil-lined 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut in squares or slices. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 224 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2013
I had something similar years ago so discovering this recipe was a real treat. I omitted the nuts to suit my family's tastes and added a small can of mandarin oranges I drained then diced up. I also cut the recipe in half as this makes a lot. It is tasty and very pretty when served as well.
Jan 6, 2010
My mother made a similar frozen cranberry salad when I was a child in the 1950s, so when I saw this one I knew I had to try it. Oh boy! Memories flooded back. It is so good! I managed easily to half the recipe because this one makes a lot.