Frozen Cranberry Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Miracle Whip and sugar. Fold in the whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, nuts, coconut and cranberry sauce. Add cranberries if desired. Gently combine with cream cheese mixture. Spread into a 13x9-in. dish or three foil-lined 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut in squares or slices. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 224 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 21, 2013
I had something similar years ago so discovering this recipe was a real treat. I omitted the nuts to suit my family's tastes and added a small can of mandarin oranges I drained then diced up. I also cut the recipe in half as this makes a lot. It is tasty and very pretty when served as well.
Jan 6, 2010
My mother made a similar frozen cranberry salad when I was a child in the 1950s, so when I saw this one I knew I had to try it. Oh boy! Memories flooded back. It is so good! I managed easily to half the recipe because this one makes a lot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.