Frozen Cranberry Banana Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 5 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl; set pineapple aside. Add bananas to the juice. In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce and sugar. Remove bananas, discarding juice, and add to cranberry mixture. Stir in pineapple, whipped topping and nuts.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze until solid. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 200 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 16, 2014
I make this frozen dish frequently as an afternoon snack for teenaagers. I now add very little whipped topping. It is very sweet on its own and reminds the boys more of a snack then a salad. Makes a great 'refresher' after a hot afternoon of yard work!!
Apr 30, 2014
What a great dessert! Because I wanted to use it as a salad, I left out the sugar. Still a bit sweet for what I want in a salad. Next time I'll try replacing some of the whipped topping with sour cream or Greek yogurt. Might give is just the bite I prefer for a salad. But for a dessert, it's quite marvelous just the way it is!
Jun 6, 2013
My family and I really enjoyed this fruit salad like dessert. I am probably going to try it without freezing next time (more like a regular fruit salad) because I think that it would be very good that way too!
Mar 3, 2010
This is an absolutely marvelous dessert served partially frozen or fresh from the fridge. It's a keeper recipe I will make often-great for summer or winter holidays.
Jun 26, 2009
This has become one of our favorites! I never add the sugar but sometimes add a sprinkle of sugar free jello if needed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.