Fresh Fruit Salad with Pomegranate
The brightly colored fruits in this salad will perk up your morning. This is such a wonderful & easy dish to make get-togethers.—Laura Brodine, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1 large pear, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tangerine peel; cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour pomegranate mixture over fruit; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 126 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Salad with Pomegranate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.