Cold Bean Salad
Ann Mulford's recipe for Two-Bean Salad doesn't disappoint. The Lincolnville, Maine, reader says, “This mixed salad sure is a winner. I make it a day or so ahead of time and it marinates in the refrigerator. It's simple, just stir every 12 hours.” She adds, “And leftovers are great over rice or noodles.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, sweet red and orange peppers
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cheese, onion, olives, celery and peppers. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 225 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Bean Mixed Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.