Winter Fruit with Prosecco Sabayon
This recipe is special to me because it allows me to treat my dinner guests to a special, unusual dessert. The bright, vivid colors are perfect for the holidays. Omit the Prosecco when serving to children. —Jerry Gulley, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 6 medium blood oranges, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Prosecco or sparkling white wine, divided
- Dash salt
- 3 egg yolks
- Arrange orange slices on a serving platter or individual plates. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup Prosecco and salt; combine and drizzle over oranges. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, remaining sugar and Prosecco until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a spoon. Drizzle over oranges. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip