Make-Ahead Creamy Fruit Salad
We love fruit salads for our holiday dinners. I experimented and came up with this delicious salad—it reminds us of the tropics in the middle of winter! I sometimes add sliced bananas just before serving. Feel free to use your own favorite fruits. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) pina colada yogurt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Key lime yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon Key lime juice
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) peach halves in light syrup, drained and sliced
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted dark sweet cherries, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurts, whipped cream and lime juice. Gently fold in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 250 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Tropical Fruit Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.