Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Place cheese on two bread slices; top with mushrooms, tomato and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 498 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
Delicious combination! I used regular mushrooms because I didn't have Portobellos on hand. I added ranch dressing on the side. Thank you, Sheryl, for sharing this recipe.
Aug 11, 2016
I love portobellos and I think this was packed with flavor - easy to make and delicious
Sep 1, 2012
This was okay... But really nothing special.
Jul 6, 2012
Not enough flavor.
Sep 19, 2011
Family went wild! Didn't have rye so we used Italian bread sliced. Still turned out really good. Served with Tomato soup. Just put everything on the Foreman grill! Also added some balsamic vinegar accidentally from another recipe but that just made it better! Kids want it on the regular dinner rotation now.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.