Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice; cook and stir for 1 minute or until rice is glossy and coated with butter. Stir in wine; cook for 2 minutes or until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand, uncovered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 390 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 6, 2014
Ok, sorry I can't really say I made this recipe but I followed this recipe except I added 3 bags of Birds Eye steam fresh baby broccoli blend in place of the other vegetables. It turned out great but if you like your vegetables more crisp tender I might cook a little less time or add vegetables a little later. I loved the arborio rice and the wine for additional flavor.
Jun 18, 2011
This risotto is absolutely amazing! We didn't have the winter squash, and I used water instead of wine. My husband, who's not fond of veggies, gobbled it up. We were disappointed we didn't make more!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.