Garlic Tilapia with Mushroom Risotto
Boxed risotto makes it quick; mushrooms, shallots and cheese make it tasty. Serve the risotto alongside seasoned fish for a weeknight supper in a hurry. —Lynn Moretti, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Parmesan risotto mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook risotto according to package directions, adding mushrooms and shallots with the water.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tilapia with seafood seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. In batches, cook tilapia with garlic until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 5 minutes, turning fillets halfway through cooking.
- Stir cheese and remaining butter into risotto; remove from heat. Serve with tilapia.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 432 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.