Pickled Mushrooms with Garlic
I'm always asked to bring these tempting tidbits to holiday gatherings. Easy to make ahead and transport, they're something to celebrate on a festive relish tray. —Joyce Anderson, Chico, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cover and shake gently to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain before serving.
Originally published as Pickled Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.