Pickled Mushrooms with Garlic
I'm always asked to bring these tempting tidbits to holiday gatherings. Easy to make ahead and transport, they're something to celebrate on a festive relish tray. —Joyce Anderson, Chico, California
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cover and shake gently to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain before serving.
1/4 cup: 25 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC